Pandora has to be one of my favorite websites. I have tried a few of the other streaming music sites out there but every time I come back to Pandora. If you like music I suggest you check this site out and if you like it pay the $36 for a yearly subscription. A few things I love about Pandora.
- Selection of music is great
- Adobe Air desktop application
- Android application
- Does not cost a ton for a yearly subscription.
If your not big on using flash interfaces to listen to your music a few dedicated people have written a CLI for Linux and an XBMC plugin both of these apps are underdevelopment but very good.
1. Pianobar is the cli application and it can be found here http://github.com/PromyLOPh/pianobar, Debian testing also has build for easy install.
2. The XBMC plugin can be found on the forums here http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?t=70471, works great for playing stations some features still under development but I am extremely happy that I can have on XBMC!
Remember the Pandora team needs to pay their employees and royalties so if you find yourself frequenting the site pay the $36. There are also a few upgrades you by paying for the sites, better quality streams, unlimited streaming, and the satisfaction of knowing your keeping a great site online.
Pandora team if you read this, you rock, keep up the amazing work!